After a long day at the office or a busy weekend completing chores, there’s nothing better than coming home and taking a nice, hot, and relaxing bath, except if you turn it into a detox bath. Detox baths are incredible. Not only do they melt away stress, but they also help remove toxins from your body to boost your health and help you feel amazing.
If you’re looking for a natural way to better health, try out these three effective detox bath blend recipes.
Salt baths are great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels, and overall detoxing your body. Salt also helps to naturally balance the moisture content in your skin to improve circulation and enhance your body’s natural healing process.
- 2 ounces Himalayan salt
- 2 ounces Epsom salt
- 2 ounces baking soda
- 3 ounces Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 drops of essential oils (we recommend peppermint or lavender)
Dissolve the salt and baking soda in boiling water and set aside. Then, fill your tub with warm/hot water and add the apple cider vinegar. Finally, pour in the salt and essential oils. Soak for 30 minutes, or as long as you desire. Just be careful when getting out. Detox baths can leave you feeling tired or lightheaded, so take it easy.
Clay is excellent for pulling a variety of toxins from the body including heavy metals. It also gently detoxes your skin while balancing your hormones.
- 4 ounces bentonite clay
- 4 ounces Epsom salts
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
The Epsom salt can be quickly and easily dissolved in a warm/hot bath along with the essential oils. For the clay, there are two options:
- Vigorously mix the clay in a small amount of water until the clumps are dissolved—be sure to use a plastic spoon and a glass jar (no metal). Add the clay to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix the clay in a small amount of water to make a paste. While standing in the tub of salt and essential oils, rub the clay all over your body to create a mask and let sit for five minutes. Then, soak in the bath for another 20 minutes and use a washcloth to scrub off any remaining clay.
An oxygen detox bath, or a bath with hydrogen peroxide, is incredibly healing. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties to keep you healthy. It’s especially good for you when you’re struggling with an illness. This bath can help clear congestion and alleviate body aches.Recipe:
- 16 ounces hydrogen peroxide
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger powder
Fill your tub with hot/warm water and add the hydrogen peroxide and dried ginger. Let it dissolve and then soak for at least 30 minutes.
Helpful Detox Bath Tips
- Make the water as hot as you can stand. The warmer the water, the more powerful the detox effect.
- If you don’t have healthy tap water and it’s full of chlorine or fluoride, you can add a few tablespoons of bentonite clay to any bath to keep the chemicals from interfering with your detox.
- You can combine recipes. All of our ingredients are natural so you can use them alone or in combination for a variety of effects.
- Start slowly. Detoxing can be incredibly powerful. While it’s possible to double or even triple any of the recipes, we recommend starting small to see how you feel first.